Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Finisher.

Two weeks before the run and it feels like all tears all the time. Whether it was the stress of a busy work week, the preperation to leave for Seattle, the realization that my mother can't watch me cross the finish line (she so graciously suggested) something cause tears to be ready to fall at a moments notice.

I know there is one thing that is making me overwhelmed with emotion. I am going to finish this.

For so long I haven't considered myself a finisher. I start things, have great intentions and never follow it all the way through to the end with the same passion that I started it with. The example that follows me through this journey to lose weight is from when I lost weight in college - I was 15 pounds from my goal and I didn't finish it out.

"I am going to finish this."

This journey is more than losing weight, it is losing the baggage of past failures, of all the disappointments from the girl I thought I was. I lose a pound, I run another mile and I see the woman I am becoming.

I am beginning to believe she is a finisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment