Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Begin with a Bang

The bang of a starting gun that is.


Ok, so really the morning began with my body waking me up, without the alarm sounding, thanks to the anticipation of the big race. 4:30am. Happy Birthday to me.

Last night ended with me being teary-eyed. This is a big deal. I'm turning 29 on the 29th, in Seattle by running 13.1 miles...after starting 28 without being able to run one mile.

This is the year I finish losing weight. Finish paying off debt. Finish a full marathon.

PAUSE. Breath. First I have to run today.

We start with breakfast. I practiced this breakfast last week. I make this breakfast perfectly every time.
Except for this morning. New oats...they overflowed. oops.

After an early morning phone call from my family wishing me happy birthday and good race, along with a few ecards, I was left teary again. At this rate I'll never make it through the race but I think maybe I'm just getting it out of my system.

At about 6am Alyssa and I picked up Heidi to get dropped off at the starting line. We'd see Alyssa again after we'd finished 13.1 miles.

heidi gets in the car. I'm too excited to hold the camera steady.

The honing device on my ankle. AKA: Timing Chip.

In my headband made for me by my niece Adria.

No comments:

Post a Comment