Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rockin' Out My Reward.

Last Monday I bought myself new fancy running shoes that I earned from my last mini-marker. I've been needing new shoes since my previous pair had been around since March 2006* and given that I'm running again, the timing couldn't be more perfect.

my view from the treadmill...can you see the drops of sweat?

I broke them in good last week because after finishing my sculpting workout video in my hotel room (yes, I brought my weights in my suitcase with me) I got on the treadmill and this is what I did.
Speed Walk: 5 minutes
Jog: 5 minutes
Run: 5 minutes
Jog: 10 minutes
Run: 5 minutes
Speed Walk: 5 minutes
Cool down.
Please do the math. That's 25 minutes jogging/running solid. That's two miles. That's more than since ummmm....2003. That was on the first day of my 5k prep plan.

So to sum things up:
I rock.
My shoes rock.
My workout clothes rock.
I rock.
and really, the hotel treadmill rocks too.

*I know how old they are because I remember buying them while I was a manager in Seattle, attending training in Akron, PA for the first time...NOT because they were a fabulous pair of shoes. And yeah, they still had the plastic loop on them from the hang tag. I'm kind of lazy about fully removing tagging supplies.

2 comments:

  1. You do rock!!! Love the new sneakers. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I've only ever run a tiny bit over 1 mile. Anything more than that is advanced in my book.

    ReplyDelete