Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Purge.

Yesterday when I got out of my very own bed was very surprised to see myself in my full length mirror. It had been three weeks since I'd seen my full self and I was surprised at the changes.

Smaller calves, leaner legs and bigger biceps were just a few of the things that greeted me in the mirror yesterday morning.

So what did I spend my first morning at home doing? PURGING! I yanked out the jeans I've been trying on religiously to fit and prepared myself to try and wiggle in. Instead I slid in smoothly, buttoned effortlessly and felt better than I did when I wore them once for my 25th birthday! I just feel like I'm getting so much younger!

A few hours later, piles of clothes had moved into the closet because they now fit. Best of all, piles of clothes had moved out since they are now too big and baggy. Of course, all this purging occurred while dancing around to great music, running out to show my mom and then victoriously throwing the rejects onto the pile of the purged.

My closet now has room for new smaller clothes and I feel lighter knowing all that big baggage is moving out. A weight lifted, a recognition of a job well done and a secret sallie behavior I was glad to be able to do again.

4 comments:

  1. That must have felt darn good!
    And remember....I have some of your clothes here just waiting for you to try on again! I can't wait until you want me to send them. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, purging stuff is the best activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you in April now more than ever! But, I feel like you should bring your clothes so that I can help you "go through them" like you so generously did with mine (paybacks!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will say that all during the purge I felt like Alyssa and Heidi should have been with me since the last time I was in Seattle we went through both of their closets. I think my mom is nicer about what should go and what should stay than they would be!

    ABK: Maybe we can skype the next purge!

    ReplyDelete