Friday, February 6, 2009

Where I am today.

A year ago I began a trek to remove 140 pounds and at the end of 2008 celebrated 40 pounds lost.

What I have found so far is that my journey isn't simply about weight loss, it has been about understanding why I chose weight gain instead of living my life as I wanted. What I have lost in a year has profoundly changed my present, my future and my belief in what I can achieve. What I have lost is way more than 40 pounds, I have begun losing years of bottled up pain, frustration and other bad stuff that was buried deep below the surface....deep below the fat.

Today I'm staring to see my world is new. I sometimes feel like my nieces discovering their bellybuttons for the first time but instead I am discovering my cheekbones, my shoulder blade, my endurance, my biceps and so much more.

I invite you to join me on my journey. Read the blog, comment so I don't feel alone, track my weight loss numbers, rack up a few of your own...and maybe even let me know you support me so I have a list of names of people who I can think of when I feel like I can't go any farther.

And for those of you who want to help me reach my dreams you can Pledge for A Pound to help me realize the trip of a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. you forgot your cute butt! and nicely defined calves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how much it can change your life to truly accept & love yourself? I am still working on this (I think a lot of us are) and I think it is such an important step!!

    ReplyDelete