Friday, February 13, 2009

Forgive and Move On.

Someone asked me recently how I'm doing this. I think she wanted to know if I was doing weight watchers, counting calories, doing a special workout. I told her "through forgiveness."

I thought of this during the past week. I'm on the road again, this time spending three full weeks in Akron, PA helping with and planning three trainings. (Two are done, YIPPEE!) I knew coming into the weeks that they would be difficult to balance training, preparation, socializing with co-workers and taking care of myself...and I was right.

Last night I got home exhausted after dinner and sat debating if I could excuse myself from a workout. Over the week too little sleep and too much stress had me exhausted but I hadn't worked out that day (or the one before, I confess). I sat there tired to the bone, feeling guilty for not exercising and I remembered that I'm successful because of forgiveness.

I am successful because I choose to...
Forgive myself when I can't be superwoman.
Forgive myself when I can't do everything in one day.
Forgive myself for being "good enough".
Forgive myself for making choices that I should have made another way.
Forgive myself for stressing instead of sleeping.
Forgive myself because I know I'll do it better next time.
Forgive myself because I know I'll do it right tomorrow.

I forgave myself last night for being tired. I went to bed early, woke up as late as possible, finished my work week, ate well and worked out. I did it right today.

No comments:

Post a Comment