Monday, February 9, 2009

the "Me" moments.

I was in the shower this morning and decided the world would be a better place if we all took more "me" moments. We put priority in work, friends, family, tv and other things and often things that we love, that make us us, get pushed aside. Months later, then, we think we haven't felt much like ourselves and it turns out it is because of that dusty "me" thing we shoved in the corner.

One of my "me" things is making cards. When I took the time to start making cards again this Christmas it was like I took too many happy pills. I started to feel like me again.

Maybe we should all encourage each other to look for our "me" things shoved and dusty in the corner, then encourage each other to start them again and help each other make the time to do the "me" things. I think we might all like each other more that way. I mean, I know I like me better when I've made a card.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we definitely have to spend some time on the things we love, otherwise we'll get burned out.

    The world will be a happier place with more Sallie cards in it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "me moment" today was when Adria and I were dancing to Discomania. The song "Fly, Robin, Fly" came on and it had a really cool beginning beat so I made a few fun dance moves with it and I must say I felt quite good.....and, I think Adria realized how I felt. :)

    ReplyDelete